day 45 poems

 I cant think of anything to say today so here are a couple of my poems which i hope you will enjoy.  Ive picked some on the topic we started off with this Lent - getting older


Ageing

 This weathered wall where mosses grow

and lichen, imperceptibly slowly

creeps like greying hair across an ageing face

does not mind

the passage of time.


The russet bricks have seen many a storm

crumbling in places, so well worn

with mortar cracking in the joints

arthritic ,yet still

surviving with a will.


How many youthful hands have trailed

their fingers here? How many snails

ascending from the earth below

have added to the slow decay

I witness here today?


But in neglect a wistful grace

elevates this oft-passed place

for eyes that deign to see.

May my ageing

be so engaging



Divine Chiropractor

 I am older now

the daily grind, the wear and tear

have unaligned my bones


I'm out of kilter, strained and stressed

limping through my day


Sore, I come to You

You size me up, then lie me down

and firmly, gently, crick-crack

me back to my original design


And every time 

I wonder

why I didn't come sooner


My 'to do' list 


I have a busy day today,  so many things to do

this evening I've got people coming round

I 'll tidy up the sitting room and check the downstairs loo

once I've had a little sit down

My son's off to a party and he says its fancy dress

He wants to be a flippin' circus clown!

I have to make a costume that will seriously impress

once Ive had a little sit down,

The garden needs some tending, the lawn does need a mow

and the houseplants leaves are turning crispy brown

Ill get outside at some point , feed the plants so that they'll grow

once Ive had a little sit down

I must be getting old, forgetful, slower on my feet

Cos these days when I nip down into town

It seems to take me ages just to get the things I need

and once home I need a little sit down

Im sitting at the table with my list of things to do

when my husband comes in, glancing with a frown

'Oh thats a lot of chores' says he ' I can do one or two

Why dont you have a little sit down?' 😁

Comments