Day 6 who cares about us?!
I have no idea if my experience is 'normal' or not. But Ive moved churches a few times in the past 25 years and each time Ive found it harder to make properly deep and meaningful friendships. Maybe I was spoiled in my youth by having been blessed with a few ' soul mates'. Those long lasting, tell-all, do-or-die, give you a kidney if you need one friendships are probably mostly made in our teens and twenties. Dont get me wrong, Ive still got those precious soul mates in my life. Its just that these days they are miles away and as busy as I am and they arent at the coffee bar at the end of a Sunday service ready to pray with me or chew over the issues of the day. As time has gone on my definition of church has shifted somewhat. It used to be that my church consisted of those people who went to the same sunday service and housegroup as me. Nowadays I know that my church consists not only of those people, but of a whole raft of other chr...
Comments
Post a Comment