day 34 choices
This week Ive prayed for four people with sciatica or similar nerve pain in legs and lower back. Three of those were in church yesterday. Weird. It did look as though one of them might have been healed. She walked up the stairs after I prayed and she said she'd had to crawl up them on hands and knees the night before. But she was still in some pain ....so maybe the start of some healing?
Anyhow, thats not what I wanted to talk about today.
Yesterday Jenny said the 'I love You more' post was a tough one. And I know what she meant. It is tough when you are standing on this side of the decision to love Jesus more. Or on this side of forgiveness. Or on this side of surrender or sacrificial giving. On this side the view is of an insurmountable mountain. But from the other side, the side after the choice has been made , the mountain disappears and you look back in amazement to see it was really barely a molehill.
I wonder if this is what Isaiah meant when he said that every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill made low. Or maybe its what Jesus meant when He talked about faith the size of a mustard seed being able to move mountains. Perhaps the choice we make to face the mountain and deal with it is the act of faith that removes it.
For some reason as soon as I wrote that, this song came to mind. I havent thought about it for decades but it was a firm favourite back in the day. Enjoy.

Comments
Post a Comment