Day 27 What he said

 We got up at 3.45am to catch a 6am flight to Poland for a three day break which was my Christmas present from Keith.  The sun was shining.  We found our hotel and I decided that I definitely needed some milk to go with the tea and coffee provided in the room.  (There was some milk substitute stuff but I wanted something from a cow).  We asked reception where we might find a supermarket and she kindly put an x on a paper map and told us it was a ten minute walk away.  Perfect.  Off we trotted.  Went in the direction she told us following the map she had given us and also checking out Google maps .  No supermarket to be seen.   But we did find the old town, a corner shop to buy a bottle of juice and an ice cream.  

We came back to the hotel and crashed out.  The 4am start wiped us out and we both slept for two hours before deciding to head back out to look for food.  And the supermarket.  This time I did more research and was confident that this time we'd nail it.  Walked for half an hour till we came across a really huge shopping plaza.  It was Sunday so most of the shops were shut but the eating places were all open and I was confident that somewhere there would be a large supermarket - you know the sort of thing, the anchor tenant on the ground floor.  But no.  How can you lose a supermarket.  I could almost smell it I knew we were so close.  Just couldnt actually find it.

On the way back to the hotel we passed three small mini-marts.  Went into one and got milk.

I said to Keith,  I need to write the blog.  What shall I write.

He said

'Write that theres no need to go searching for something big and fancy far away when something small and right at your door will do the job.'

SO there you have it  

sorry. Couldn't resist. if you know you know


Oh. PS Highlight of the day for Keith was getting served our drinks by a robot.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6 who cares about us?!

Day 8 Parents

Day 3