day 21 answer
About two weeks ago, for no particular reason, I had a thought that Id really like a dog to cuddle. Most of my life Ive had a dog but when the lovely Molly died a few years ago it just seemed best not to get another. Keith has never been keen and Sam is allergic. Molly always lived outside and whilst I did get to cuddle her and she was an incredibly faithful companion she was a labrador so not exactly a lap dog 😁
I think Ive been feeling particularly lonely of late. Despite the fact that Ben still technically lives at home he is basically never here. Keith is at work or busy alot and we can be a bit like ships that pass in the night. Im good in my own company and usually it doesnt bother me at all, in fact I enjoy it. But just recently Ive found myself missing a bit of warmth and company. And a dog would fit the bill.
I certainly havent been thinking about getting a dog. And I havent mentioned the thought of a dog to anyone. But then.... guess what ? 😀
Facebook yesterday throws up a post by a church friend of mine asking for recommendations for dog sitters. She is going on holiday for a week in April and needs someone to look after Roxy. Her gorgeous retriever. Well...... I jumped at the chance !
I dont understand why sometimes we can pray and pray for something and it doesnt happen. And then other times we barely even think about wishing or hoping for something and it lands in our laps. Im very thankful that God really does know and love me and that He is so kind. I need to remember this on the days when everything is tricky and He seems to be hiding. He never is. He's usually just trying to get my attention or teach me something.
Comments
Post a Comment